Data Protection Notice
Lioncor Developments Limited (“Lioncor”, “us”, “our” or “we”) is a development management firm,
acting on behalf of its affiliates (“Owners” and each an “Owner”), which operates www.lioncor.ie and its developments’ websites. The purpose of this Data Protection Notice is to explain how we, acting as a controller, gather and use your personal data. Lioncor is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
1. How and why we collect information from you
In your engagement with Lioncor, we may process personal data about you including in connection with the following:
- Interest in our properties – Lioncor may process your personal data in order to progress your interest or purchase of a property or to understand the type of property that you may be interested in. This information is gathered from your interactions with us including by email, phone, letter and our websites and through our direct involvement with you or through our property agents, solicitors and other
- Customer service enquiries – Lioncor may process your personal data when you submit a ‘Customer Service Enquiry’ through one of our websites or make similar enquiries in order to enable us to address your enquiry which may concern, amongst other things, maintenance and appliance requests or other queries about your home.
- Marketing – Where permitted by applicable law, Lioncor may send you information about a development that we think you may be interested in including information about viewing opportunities, completion of a development’s phase and other marketing material.
- Regulatory and legal obligations – To meet regulatory and legal obligations, we collect some of your personal data, verify it and keep it up to date through regular checks. We may also gather information about you from third parties to help us meet our regulatory and legal
- Purchase – Where you purchase a home, Lioncor may process your personal data in order to progress and complete the purchase and also to manage warranty and other obligations to you under the contract for sale or other agreement. Where applicable, we may also process your personal data in connection with your participation in the Help to Buy scheme or other government schemes.
- Market analytics and Research – Lioncor may also process your personal data for analytics and research purposes in order to better understand the market and interest in
The provision of certain of your personal data is a statutory requirement and/or a requirement necessary for the performance of your relationship with us or with an Owner. If you do not provide the information needed, or help us keep it up to date, then it may not be possible to continue the relationship with us or an Owner (as the case may be).
2. Types of information we gather
The following is a list of the types of personal data we gather:
- Identity & contact details;
- Funding / financial status (e.g. mortgage approved; Help to Buy scheme) and source of funds;
- Co-purchaser details;
- Bank and/or trade references;
- On rare occasions, you may provide us with special categories of personal data;
- Information you or agents provide to us for the purposes of you entering into a contract with us;
- Information you provide to us in connection with our ongoing relationship with you, based on the services we are providing such as property development services to an Owner; and
- Any other personal data you provide directly to
Where you provide us with information about others (e.g. partner, spouse) it is your responsibility to provide them with a copy of this Data Protection Notice.
3. Legal Bases
To process your personal data lawfully, Lioncor relies on one or more of the following legal bases:
- Where any such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or between you and an owner (or for taking steps at your request with a view to entering into a contract with you or for you to enter into a contract with an Owner);
- To comply with our legal and/or regulatory obligations;
- Our legitimate interests or those of an Owner in conducting business in a responsible and commercially prudent manner including those listed below. Your personal data will not be processed for these purposes if to do so would constitute an unwarranted interference with your own interests, rights and Such legitimate interests include:
- Managing the relationship with you whether as a buyer or someone with an interest in Lioncor
- Promotion of Lioncor
- Keeping you and others informed of matters related to our
- Responding to or addressing any communications or enquiries
- Analytics and research to understand demand and support and improve future developments; and
- In limited circumstances, your consent, and in which case you have the right to withdraw that consent at any
Where you disclose special categories of personal data to us, (i.e. data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, data concerning health or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation), we will only process such where we can rely on one or more of the following legal bases:
- Where you provide explicit consent for us to hold and process this data, and such consent may be withdrawn at any time; or
- Where any such processing is necessary for the purpose of (i) obtaining legal advice; (ii) establishing, exercising or defending legal rights, or (iii) any legal proceedings or claims (including prospective legal proceedings or claims).
4. How long we keep your information
We do not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we obtained it and thus it is generally held for the duration of your engagement with us and for a period of time after that as is necessary to comply with legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any complaint or dispute that might arise in connection with such.
5. How we share your personal information We may share your personal data with:
- the Owner and its agents in order to deliver the product or service to you, which may for example involve fulfilling your enquiries;
- competent authorities in response to investigations, court orders, or other regulatory, governmental, or judicial requests;
- relevant Government agencies and departments in connection with the Help to Buy Scheme or similar schemes or programmes;
- third parties including solicitors, insurers, accountants, valuers, investors, fund managers, estate agents or other agents who act on an Owner’s behalf for the efficient management of properties and development activities;
- our third-party providers who provide services to us for the operation of our business, such as the provision of software solutions, IT provisions and data storage;
- suppliers and other sub-contractors who may provide services to a development;
- professional advisors in order to investigate, prevent, or take action against any breach of contractual or other legal obligations;
- other members of our group or affiliates in connection with our business activities; and
- third parties, their agents and professional advisors, subject to confidentiality obligations, in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, re-organisation or transfer of our business and to any person proposing to participate in, promoting, underwriting or managing any such
6. How we keep your information safe
Lioncor takes appropriate security measures as required by applicable law to ensure your personal data is protected and secure. We use a variety of technical and organisation security measures including computer safeguards, limitation of access, secure storage and office security to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access.
7. International transfers of data
Lioncor generally does not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). However, if and to the extent that we do, Lioncor will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers, which may include entering into standard contractual clauses, undertaking a transfer impact assessment and implementing any required supplementary measures. If you have any queries related to transfers of personal data outside EEA, please contact us at email@example.com
8. Your personal data rights
If you wish to exercise your data subject rights, you may send a request to Lioncor per contact details below and we will address your request within the statutory deadline.
Your personal data rights, subject to certain restrictions, are listed below:
- Accessing your personal data: You can ask us for a copy of the personal data that we hold about
- Informed about your personal data: You can ask us to confirm whether we process your personal data and where that is the case to provide you with other information about such
- Rectification: You can ask us to correct inaccurate personal data about
- Removing consent: You can change your mind wherever you give us your consent, g. to use your special categories of personal data, such as medical data.
- Restriction of and objecting to processing: You may have the right to restrict or object to us using your personal data.
- Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, where it produces legal
- Deleting your information (your right to be forgotten): You may ask us to delete your personal
- Data portability: You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable
9. Making a complaint
If you have a complaint about the use of your personal data, please let us know as soon as possible. If you wish to make a complaint you may do so in person, by telephone, in writing and by email. Please be assured that all complaints received will be fully investigated. We ask that you supply as much information as possible to help our staff resolve your complaint quickly. You can also make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission in Ireland at www.dataprotection.ie.
10. Contact Us
If you have any queries regarding this notice please contact our Data Protection Representative
This Privacy statement was last updated in September 2022